camel-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rest client
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 14:00:48 GMT
Hi
On 24/07/12 14:52, bitter geek wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm a bit confused with the sample code for creating rest endpoint.
>
> I do not have access to the rest service class but only want to create
> a rest endpoint to use with camel.
>
> Do I only need to create rsClient tag? If so, what class do I put
> there for serviceClass? Why does it need a serviceClass if this
> endpoint is just used to make an http request?

I believe this option is there to make a proxy based invocation, for the
produce/consumes types be derived from specific operations available on
the service class.

However, the cxf rs producer is not thread safe right now.
So I'd recommend you try one of the other Camel HTTP components which
can make outbound calls till we get it fixed (http, jetty, etc - I'm
assuming they are thread-safe on the client side), or please experiment
with embedding direct thread-safe cxf jaxrs/web client references into
the root

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin