camel-users mailing list archives

From Marco Crivellaro <marco.cr...@gmail.com>
Subject URISupport.normalizeUri different result from camel 2.8.2 to 2.10.0
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:21:09 GMT
Hi all,
I am migrating my application from Camel 2.8.2 to Camel 2.10.0 and found
following issue:

when normalizing a uri with URISupport.normalizeUri which contains %26 in
one of its parameters the entity is transformed to '&' and essentially lost
from the parameter value; this was not happening with camel 2.8.2.

for instance normalizing following URL:
"ftp://user@host/doveci?password=pass%26"

with camel 2.10.0 the result is following:
"ftp://user@host/doveci?&password=pass"

with camel 2.8.2 the result is following:
"ftp://user@host/doveci?password=pass%26"

it looks like in camel 2.10.0 '%26' is decoded to '&' and moved at the very
beginning of the string (possibly because camel thinks it is a parameter
named null string) resulting in an invalid Uri.

is there any way to workaround/fix this? I can't force all my customers to
avoid using & on their passwords.

Thank you,
Marco