camel-users mailing list archives

From smadarapu <srikanth.madar...@adp.com>
Subject Exception handling in Camel Routes.
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 13:57:59 GMT
Hi

Seems like this is a basic feature, but I cant get it working as i expected.

I have this route defined using Java DSL...

from(endPointURI).delay(5000)
     .routeId(routeId)

/.onException(Throwable.class).handled(true).process(*getInputfileExceptionHandler()*).end()/
     .process(updateHeadersForInputfileProcess(tenantId))
     .to("bean:taskCreator")

.wireTap("bean:inputFileRouteLifeCycle?method=startChangeSetProcessing(" +
routeId + ", ${header.task} )")
     .to("bean:taskAppenderCreator");

When a message gets to this route, the first thing getting executed is the
code in the Processor that is returned by getInputfileExceptionHandler().
Then it starts executing the other steps, and when there is an exception in
the other steps the exception handler is not getting called at all.

What am I missing here?

Thanks
Srikanth