camel-users mailing list archives

From Hilde <hilde.sch...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Exception handling within route chains
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 08:14:57 GMT
Hello Claus!

YUHUUUUU I got it and it is working! Your last posting gave me a reality
check. Thanks a lot.

The following code snippet propagates the exception back to the calling
route:

RouteBuilder No. 1

@Override
	from("activemq:" + JmsDestinations.QUEUE_INIT_MAIN_ROUTE)
		.routeId("initMainRoute")
		.onException(Exception.class)
		.handled(true)
		.to("activemq:topic:" + JmsDestinations.TOPIC_LOG_SERVICE)
		.end()
		.to("*direct:emptyDirectoryRoute*")
		.setHeader("SUCCESS_INIT",
header(EmptyDirectoryDataReceived.IS_DIRECTORY_CLEANSED));
}

RouteBuilder No. 2

@Override
	from("*direct:emptyDirectoryRoute*").routeId("emptyDirectoryRoute")
		.errorHandler(noErrorHandler())
		.bean(EmptyDirectoryDataReceived.class) *// throws an exception here*
		.setBody(simple("${header." + DN1CamelHeader.PROTOCOL_DIRECTORY_CLEANING +
"}"));
}

Thanks Thanks!
Hilde