camel-users mailing list archives

From Hilde <hilde.sch...@yahoo.de>
Subject Exception handling within route chains
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:40:12 GMT
Hello!

We design different camel routes in different RouteBuilder classes and the
one is
calling the other one:

RouteBuilder No. 1

@Override
	from("activemq:" + JmsDestinations.QUEUE_INIT_MAIN_ROUTE)
			.routeId("initMainRoute")
			.onException(Exception.class)
			.handled(true)
			.to("activemq:topic:" + JmsDestinations.TOPIC_LOG_SERVICE)
			.end()
			.to("direct:emptyDirectoryRoute")
			.setHeader("SUCCESS_INIT",
header(EmptyDirectoryDataReceived.IS_DIRECTORY_CLEANSED));
	}

RouteBuilder No. 2

@Override
	from("direct:emptyDirectoryRoute").routeId("emptyDirectoryRoute")
			.onException(Exception.class)
			.end()
			.bean(EmptyDirectoryDataReceived.class)
			.setBody(simple("${header." + DN1CamelHeader.PROTOCOL_DIRECTORY_CLEANING
+ "}"));
	}

How can we reach that the exception handling in route No. 1 catches and
handles all exceptions that are thrown in route No. 2?
Global scoped exception handling seems not an alternative because we have
many routes and exceptions should be handled individually.

Many thanks
Hilde