camel-users mailing list archives

From ceclabaugh <>
Subject Suspending Quartz/Timer Components
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 21:16:03 GMT
Hi all,

My goal is to send a message to a tibrv endpoint (already have the custom
component) every /x/ milliseconds, if and only if I receive a response back.
If I do not receive a response in /y/ milliseconds, I want to send out an
email alert but continue listening to the endpoint for a response. Once a
response has been given, I want to do basic checks on the data and start
sending/timing again.

In a nutshell, a message will be sent *no less than*, but perhaps more than,
every /x/ milliseconds for /z/ minutes.

 As I understand it, both the Timer and Quartz components are capable of
controlling frequency and duration, but would either be useful for what I am
doing? If so, how?

I can't really use a stop or suspend because I want the duration timer to
keep going. It is the case that the duration is set, but the frequency can

Thanks for your help,