camel-users mailing list archives

From manuelh9r <manuel.holzleit...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTP Component Proxy Settings
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 15:13:35 GMT
I try to make sense out of the HTTP and HTTP4 component proxy properties. I
expected as described in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-1687
and in the documentation of the HTTP4 component that you could specify
settings by using the System properties (http.proxyHost etc.). If you
specify other properties in the CamelContext these properties should be used
instead of the System properties.

However, the current implementation seems to respect only CamelContext
settings and not System properties. As I found out in the log the handling
of System properties for the proxy settings was removed with the following
change:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/camel/trunk/components/camel-http4/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/http4/HttpEndpoint.java?r1=835174&r2=891163&diff_format=h.
Is there a specific reason for that? Could you explain why this change was
necessary?

Is there any other way to explicitly define that a specific CamelContext
and/or a specific HTTP endpoint should use the System properties within the
Spring DSL? (e.g. by converting system properties to camel context
properties)

I'm also wondering if there is any way to define nonProxyHosts settings in
the HTTP component? (e.g. this is needed when the CamelHttpUri header
defines the URI the messages should be sent to)