camel-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Kaiser <>
Subject adding headers to a message based on a databse query
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 21:18:42 GMT

I wonder whether it is possible to add message headers to a message based
on the results of a jdbc query without writing a custom processor.

E.g. I have a message with a header 'userid'. And I have a database table
users which contains user's properties.
Now I want to use the value of the userid header to query the database
table users and add the columns received from the database as headers to
the message.
Further down the route I want to use the headers/properties recieved from
the database to make routing decisions.