camel-users mailing list archives

From "Siano, Stephan" <stephan.si...@sap.com>
Subject RE: Documentation for sftp incorrect or misleading?
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:19:55 GMT
Just some additional information:
I checked the jsch-users mailing list and found the following:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=28163308

So it looks that the behavior is not a bug but intended by the jsch developers (strictHostKeyChecking
actually means no host key checking at all). I think that should definitely be mentioned in
the documentation.

Stephan

-----Original Message-----
From: Siano, Stephan [mailto:stephan.siano@sap.com]
Sent: Montag, 18. Juni 2012 13:54
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Documentation for sftp incorrect or misleading?

I am doing some experiments with the sftp connection of the camel ftp component (in Camel
2.9.2). I have found some unexpected behavior during these tests:

If the strictHostKeyChecking parameter is set to "no" (default) and the file exists and does
not contain a host key for the host that is connected, a warning is logged and the key is
written into the known hosts file (as defined in the knownHostsFile parameter). This is to
be expected, however if there is already a key in the file (or the file exists) there is NO
error or warning and the connection is successful, which is definitely not what I would expect.

If strictHostKeyChecking is set to "yes" or "ask" the connection fails, if the key is wrong
was well as if the key is not in the file. (I haven't tried this with a non-existing file).
I think the error is somewhere in the jsch coding (that does host checking at all only if
the strictHostChecking parameter is set to "yes" or "ask"), however I think that  at least
something about this should be mentioned in the ftp component documentation.

Stephan