camel-users mailing list archives

From Hilde <hilde.sch...@yahoo.de>
Subject camel-exec: System Path is empty
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 09:16:59 GMT
Hello everybody!

In a highly integration based project we would like to use the camel exec://
component. My first tests however let me ask why some executables that must
be in the system path by default are not found with exec://. Please see the
following example:

public class TestCamelExecSpike extends CamelTestSupport {

	private static final Logger logger =
LoggerFactory.getLogger(TestCamelExecSpike.class);
	private static final String echoExecutable = "echo";
	private static final String echoParam = "Hello world";

	@Override
		return new RouteBuilder() {
			@Override
				from("direct:startExec").to("exec:" + echoExecutable + "?args=" +
echoParam).to(
						"mock:result");
			}
		};
	}

	@Test
	public void testCamelExec() throws Exception {

		MockEndpoint mockEndpoint = getMockEndpoint("mock:result");
		mockEndpoint.expectedMessageCount(1);

		template.sendBody("direct:startExec", null);

		mockEndpoint.assertIsSatisfied();
		List<Exchange> exchanges = mockEndpoint.getExchanges();
		String stdout = exchanges.get(0).getIn().getBody(String.class);
		logger.info(stdout);
		assertEquals("Hello world", stdout);
	}
}

When I execute the test I encounter the following error:

org.apache.camel.CamelExecutionException: Exception occurred during
execution on the exchange: Exchange[Message: [Body is null]]
	at
org.apache.camel.util.ObjectHelper.wrapCamelExecutionException(ObjectHelper.java:1296)
	at
org.apache.camel.util.ExchangeHelper.extractResultBody(ExchangeHelper.java:618)
	at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultProducerTemplate.extractResultBody(DefaultProducerTemplate.java:442)

Caused by: org.apache.camel.component.exec.ExecException: *Unable to execute
command ExecCommand [args=[Hello, world], executable=echo,
timeout=9223372036854775807, outFile=null, workingDir=null,
useStderrOnEmptyStdout=false]*
	at
org.apache.camel.component.exec.impl.DefaultExecCommandExecutor.execute(DefaultExecCommandExecutor.java:81)
	at
org.apache.camel.component.exec.ExecProducer.process(ExecProducer.java:46)
	at
org.apache.camel.util.AsyncProcessorConverterHelper$ProcessorToAsyncProcessorBridge.process(AsyncProcessorConverterHelper.java:61)

Actually the command /echo/ should be found but it wasn't. Can someone
please explain me how the system path can be set properly to avoid setting
the whole path for the executables?

Thanks
Hilde