camel-users mailing list archives

From Edwin <edwin.rabbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom Camel Component instantiated twice
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 16:51:55 GMT
Hi Folks

I am referencing the same camel endpoint from 2 different routes.

E.g.
customcomponent:custom-uri is being referenced from the 2 routes below
from(“customcomponent:custom-uri”).to(…….
from(“file:myfile?fileProperties..”).to(“customcomponent:custom-uri”);

I notice that the corresponding camel component(customcomponent) is
instantiated twice - hence endpoint instantiated twice also.

I would have expected it only to be instantiated once, i.e. component,
endpoint, consumer and producer shared between the 2 different routes.

Could you please confirm whether this behaviour is as expected

Thanks
Edwin