camel-users mailing list archives

From gramanero <graman...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about .NET Exceptions and the onException clause
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 13:05:10 GMT
Does anyone know if it is possible to interrogate an exception in Camel that
was thrown from a .NET-based endpoint (i.e. a .NET restful service)? I'm
thinking that since the restful service will throw the exception in either
JSON or XML format, that being a string based format (as opposed to binary)
that somehow the underlying .NET exception would be available. All I am
getting from the service is a
org.apache.camel.component.cxf.CxfOperationException exception. I can trap
this in the onException clause, but beyond that I don't know what really
happened. Probably the downside of having to communicate with a .NET service
from a java technology I suppose.

Oh, and I am hoping to be able to do this in Spring DSL, but would be
interested to know if there is a Java DSL way to do it as well.

Thanks.