camel-users mailing list archives

From Scott England-Sullivan <sully6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference Between ActiveMQ and Camel
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 18:26:37 GMT
My short summary,

ActiveMQ is an open source, enterprise messaging provider that conforms to
the JMS 1.1 specification.

Camel is an open source integration framework.  At its core it is an
implementation of Enterprise Integration
Patterns<http://www.enterpriseintegrationpatterns.com/>(EIP) by Gregor
Hohpe upon which numerous folks around the planet have
added integration consumer and producer extensions that provide the
connectivity options for the EIP message channels.

As such, Camel would provide the integration layer to ActiveMQ in place of
hand writing the JMS clients.

Does that help?