camel-users mailing list archives

From Henryk Konsek <hekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Input directory with multiple file consumers
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 14:32:29 GMT
Hi Raf,

> it doesn't make sense to loadbalance within the camel
> context. Rather I want to deploy the application on multiple machines.

You share the directory using distributed file system, don't you? :)

Reading from the shared file system may generate problems. It is
highly dependent on the particular implementation of the file system.

I personally prefer to stick to the local file consumer in such case
and then forward messages from the file system to the JMS. It is
usually hard to hit the bottleneck when reading messages from the
local file system, if you just fan-out them to the JMS queue.

I prefer to create the solutions I can embrace. One local file system
plus JMS queue are easy to embrace. All possible corner cases of
distributed file systems are not :) .

--
Henryk Konsek
http://henryk-konsek.blogspot.com