camel-users mailing list archives

From Jon Anstey <jans...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create a new Camel component via Scala-Component-Archetype?
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 01:36:32 GMT
On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM, megachucky <megachucky@googlemail.com>wrote:

> I think about writing a new Camel component (e.g. for Salesforce or
> Neo4j). I
> also think about using Scala for the new component. However, there is only
> Java-Component-Archetype at the moment. Is this for any reason?
>
> Should new components be in Java, too (because more people will understand
> and maybe maintain the source code then)? Otherwise, I would try to create
> Scala-Component-Archetype first, before writing the new component.

IMO that would be great to have a choice when creating new components. I
don't think anyone would strongly oppose a component in scala. We already
have a scala DSL after-all.

> I never
> created a Maven archetype before, but this is probably very easy ?!

I used this years ago and it worked fine
http://maven.apache.org/archetype/maven-archetype-plugin/advanced-usage.htmlnot
sure if that still works as I expect though :) Maybe the easiest thing
is to just copy one of the preexisting archetypes as a starting point?

> --

Cheers,
Jon
FuseSource