camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with a Karaf/Camel/Cxf/ActiveMQ setup that results in an NPE
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 07:55:28 GMT
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM, emb <ed.barwani@gmail.com> wrote:

> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
>>
>> Did you use the jre.properties.cxf?
>> eg to replace that with the existing jre.properties.
>>

> Yes I did. I deployed camel-example-cxf-osgi to test the installation. And
> it worked fine.
>

> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
>>
>> And after installing all the bundles and whatnot. Have you tried
>> restarting Karaf?
>> And have you tried downgrading to CXF 2.5.x?
>>

> Yes to the first question. And I could not install CXF 2.5.3 due to bug
> #CXF-4090
>

> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
>>
>> And again what you assemble is essentially a like Apache ServiceMix,
>> however
>> the SMX team make sure it all works together.
>>

> There are multiple reasons we chose to use Karaf directly rather than SMX.
> This includes minimalism, and some earlier issues with upgrading camel. We
> did require camel 2.9. I'll see if I can revisit SMX.

SMX 4.4.x onwards makes it easier to upgrade Camel and other dependencies.

Anyway you should be able to assemble your own Karaf installation with
the Apache products,
but as you have seen some combos may cause trouble, and you will have
to dig to figure out why.

Have you tried with Camel 2.10 SNAPSHOT, as this version is supporting
CXF 2.6.0 officially.

And in terms of your error, you only report this sparingly and its
harder for us to help what is wrong.