camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Mistakes in endpoints prevent start of camel context
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 07:41:29 GMT
On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Ilger Gerda <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> We have a number of ftp consumer routes that we start based on URLs read from our database.
> If there's a typo in the URL (e.g. "ftp://localhost::1023"), the whole camelContext won't
> We're using SpringCamelContext.
> These routes are not essential, we still want our application to start & camel provide
all the other routes we defined.
> Is there a way to ignore routes that throw exceptions upon creation/camel context start
(have camel behave as if we never added them)?

You can configure the routes with autoStartup=false.

But there is currently no option to say, well I dont care if a route
cannot startup.

> Thanks,
> Gerda

Claus Ibsen
CamelOne 2012 Conference, May 15-16, 2012:
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Author of Camel in Action:

View raw message