camel-users mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <>
Subject Re: splitter without aggregator?
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 20:27:11 GMT
Hi Tyler,

Yes, you can use the splitter without an aggregator. I would venture to
say that this is actually the default case. An aggregation strategy with
the splitter will generate one exchange in the end (and yes, there is a
default strategy and also there is no way around it). However if your
route ends with the split (i.e. there is no end() to end the split and
continuing the route, the net result is exactly what you expect.
Actually I have a quite neat example showing that. I'll put it online
during the weekend.

On 05/25/2012 04:01 PM, Tyler Durvik wrote:
> I would like split a message and have the message flow through my
> routes.  At the end of my route processing I want the split messages
> to go back via JMS queue.  I can split message, but appears that Camel
> is aggregating the messages back together.  Is there a method to
> prevent split messages from aggregating?
> Is this possible?
> Thanks you,
> Tyler

View raw message