camel-users mailing list archives

From Raf <raf.lenae...@persgroep.be>
Subject Input directory with multiple file consumers
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 14:04:06 GMT
Hello,

Is there a way to monitor the same input folder from camel applications on
different machines? I am wondering what the best practice is on handling
this situation.

I have a working camel (2.7.1) application that processes zip files placed
in an input folder. The application runs on a single Unix machine.

<from
uri="file://${file.input}/?doneFileName=${file:name}.done&amp;readLock=changed&amp;delete=true"/>

Since the workload is gradually increasing and the processing is quite cpu
and memory intensive, it doesn't make sense to loadbalance within the camel
context. Rather I want to deploy the application on multiple machines.

But testing this setup I see that the different machines start processing
the same files and ignoring the .camelLock from the other application. Or
errors that files are missing (meaning already processed by the other
machine). Is there a combination of options to prevent this or do I need to
put some sort of broker between the file consumer and the processing?

Kind regards,
Raf