camel-users mailing list archives

From "christian.ohr" <>
Subject Re: [Suggest] Add a camel-mllp component into the incubator
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 20:47:02 GMT
Sounds like a good idea to me. A few remarks though:

* also take a look at IPF (Open eHealth Integration platform,, which provides a broad platform
for eHealth-related integration. There are classes (particularly see
that do the same thing, although extending it much further, e.g. including
straight-forward support for TLS, message fragmentation, etc.
* What's the plan regarding Mina2? I updated the HL7MLLPCodec on my machine,
but I'm not sure if camel-mina2 is already mature enough. I currently see no
possibility of a choice (e.g. two variants of the MLLP Codec for Mina1 and
Mina2) in camel-hl7 - and speaking of choice, how desirable is a MLLP Codec
for camel-netty?

* and finally, the most general and maybe delicate question - being one of
the few HAPI committers (and following Camel as of version 1.6) I would be
interested in the general strategy of Camel regarding domain-specific
components (such as hl7, quickfix and the like). Would you (and/or
FuseSource) continue to maintain and support them, or mostly rely on
contributions, or would you rather prefer to see dependencies reversed (e.g.
HAPI providing a Camel-HL7 component). Absolutely no offense meant here -
just evaluating possibilities.