camel-users mailing list archives

From dj5483 <dj5...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thread pool for Camelcontext
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 02:53:28 GMT
Claus,
I too am implementing a Camel (2.9.1) project on WebSphere (7.0.0.19).
After reading the Camel Docs it was clear to me that I was supposed to
implement the ThreadPoolFactory interface and declare a Spring Bean to allow
Camel to wire in my implementation.  After attempting to implement the
ThreadPoolFactory on my own I began to look for help and found this user
board.  The code that Preben has supplied turned out to be quite useful.  It
seems to me though, that there is a gap in the Camel API.  The
ThreadPoolFactory interface provides methods that operate on a
ThreadFactory.  I believe the ThreadFactory is the appropriate place to tie
into the CommonJ WorkManager, not the ThreadPoolFactory.  The
DefaultExecutorServiceManager uses a private method to create new instances
of a ThreadFactory (CamelThreadFactory).  It seems like the ThreadFactory
should also be able to be injected.  This would allow us to easily override
the mechanism that is creating the individual threads.  Is there something
that I am missing with the ThreadPoolFactory?

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote