camel-users mailing list archives

From barry_allen <>
Subject Re: How to send ack and then resume route with original message
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 14:40:02 GMT
I too need to do a try/catch block with ack/nak being sent accordingly.
That's why I don't think I can wiretap the message processing and send the
ack on the mina route (I need to send a nak instead of an ack if it fails).
Part of the problem is that my ACK needs to be created from information that
is present in the original message. If I overlay the message body in my
processing with another type (which I do), I lose the original message data
that I need to build the ack with. That's why I want to send the ack first
before processing.

A question that I have with sekaijin approach - when "process" is called
with the original message, and then a call to inOnly is made for the JMS
message queue transfer, is the original mina message left in tact on the
mina route when "prepare ack" is executed, or does the *processed* message
now exist on the mina route?

Thanks again.