camel-users mailing list archives

From barry_allen <coldgint...@gmail.com>
Subject How to send ack and then resume route with original message
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 22:38:41 GMT
Hello. I have a tcp endpoint defined with mina in which I receive a message
from a server. I am constructing an acknowledgement message to let the
sending server know that the message is received. However, I am unable to
preserve the original message that was received so that it is available for
processing on the remainder of the route. To summarize, I am:

1.) Receiving message
2.) Creating ack message, and setting it on exchange.getOut.body(ackMessage)
to send back to the server
3.) I would like to process the original message from exchange.getIn.body(),
but then the input message becomes the acknowledgement message that I had
created for all subsequent steps in the route, instead of being the original
message received.

I have sync=true&amp;exchangePattern=InOut set as options on my mina url,
and I am not using JMS queues. So how do I receive a message, send back a
custom ack message to the server, and then resume processing on the route
with the original message in the exchange?

Thanks