camel-users mailing list archives

From Marek Strejczek <marek.strejc...@gmail.com>
Subject Handling unsuccessful Session.send in Quickfix component
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 15:18:02 GMT
My use case requires to know whether the FIX message was sent successfully to
the counterparty or not.
Camel-Quickfix doesn't allow me to obtain this information, as it ignores
the result of the Session.send invocation.
I think about the following solution:
replace in QuickfixjConsumer.sendOutMessage:

with

Of course, QuickFIX/J configuration should include SocketSynchronousWrites=Y
in this case, which may decrease throughput but makes the flag returned by
Session.send actually mean something.

Please let me know if my short analysis above is correct and if the proposed
solution is viable. I can work on the patch then.