camel-users mailing list archives

From Lance Java 2 <>
Subject Passing parameters as headers feels a bit hacky
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 15:52:33 GMT
Hi, I'm a newbie to Camel and I'm currently evaluating the product.

I am reading through the
ReportIncident tutorial  and I see the following example:

The bit I am having troubles with is setting a header which I assume is then
used by the file endpoint.

I would have thought it would be better to pass some context to the file
endpoint as follows:

   .to("file://target/subfolder", new FilenameGenerator());

Is this practice of setting headers common in Camel? I feel it's a bit

Thanks in advance,