camel-users mailing list archives

From GLIMMERVEEN Arnoud <arnoud.glimmerv...@nl.thalesgroup.com>
Subject RE: Receiving NodeDeleted event using Camel's ZooKeeper component
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 08:09:48 GMT
Hi Claus,

I did spent some time looking at the source code of the zookeeper component. I found that
the NodeDelete event is being received and triggers the "DataChangedOperator". In the current
design, the changed data is retrieved by a subsequent "GetDataOperation" that is preceded
by a "ExistsOperation" or "ExistenceChangedOperation". In case of a Delete event, the ExistsOperation
returns false (!ok) and the ExistenceChangedOperation starts waiting for NodeCreated or NodeDeleted
events. The actual delete event is never completely handled.

>From what I've seen, the DataChangedOperation is where the delete event should be handled.
In the current implementation, the DataChangedOperation returns no result (as the changed
data is retrieved later on), is it an idea that in the case of NodeDeleted event to let DataChangedOperation
return an empty OperationResult, resulting in an Exchange with a null body?

Regards,

Arnoud.

-----Original Message-----
From: Claus Ibsen [mailto:claus.ibsen@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, 14 April, 2012 09:31
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Re: Receiving NodeDeleted event using Camel's ZooKeeper component

Hi

I logged a JIRA ticket

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:59 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM, GLIMMERVEEN Arnoud
> <arnoud.glimmerveen@nl.thalesgroup.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We've been using Camel for a while now and we are very happy with it!
>> :-)
>>
>> Currently we are looking at using ZooKeeper in our project. As our project already
uses Camel it makes sense to use Camel to interact with ZooKeeper. I've played around a bit
with the ZooKeeper component and I've noticed that when a znode is deleted, the NodeDeleted
event is not triggering my Camel route. Is this by design or could this point to an issue
in the component?

>> I am using Camel 2.9.1 and ZooKeeper 3.4.3.
>>

> I dont think that is by design. Fell free to work on a patch to
> fix/improve this.
> We love contributions
> http://camel.apache.org/contributing.html
>
> The documentation though don't mention that delete events is sent. But
> it would make sense to get this event as well, as its also an
> important event.
> http://camel.apache.org/zookeeper
>

>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Arnoud Glimmerveen

>> Disclaimer:
>>
>> If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender and
delete it.
>> Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its attachment(s)
is forbidden.
>> Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by this email
or its attachment(s).
>> Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the Chamber of Commerce
under number 06061578.

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> CamelOne 2012 Conference, May 15-16, 2012: http://camelone.com