camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Müller <christian.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: scalable bus with multiple Camel instances
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2012 21:59:17 GMT
If performance is the most important requirement, I would go for
camel-netty, camel-mina2 or camel-mina.

One remark: I really ofter hear "as fast as possible" but  in most cases,
it doesn't matter whether it takes 10ms or 50ms longer for one request. If
this is the same for your requirement, have a look at some other protocols
you may are more familiar with, e.g.: camel-http(4), camel-cxf (for JAX-RS
or JAX-WS), ...

But in all this cases, your applications/services are not so loosely
couplet (as possible). If Camel1 and/or Camel2 is down, AppCamel1 and/or
AppCamel2 will recognize it. This is not the case with a message broker in
between.
What's your strategy if you have to scale CamelX? Adding Camel3, Camel4,
...and so on, I asume. But in this case, you have to touch AppCamel1 and
AppCamel2 again. With an message broker, simple add more consumers onCamel1
and Camel2 . And if this is not enough, add Camel3 and Camel4. But in this
case, you don't have to touch AppCamel1 or AppCamel2.

Best,
Christian