camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looking for example init.d script for starting a camel-based application on system boot
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 13:24:01 GMT
On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:07 AM, Aaron Daubman <daubman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm wondering if anybody has any example/working/in-use init.d scripts used
> to start up a standalone camel-based app?
>
> I'm currently using the Main class from camel-spring, but am flexible. I am
> not using any container...
>
> I have read through Camel In Action Chapter 13 as well as
> http://camel.apache.org/running-camel-standalone-and-have-it-keep-running.htmlbut
> would find some larger/production examples, along with the init.d
> script (e.g. do people use nohup for starting java apps in production?) and
> even your apps' 'main' if you can share it, to be very helpful.
>
> Things like preference for how to demonize, rule-of-thumb/common vm-args,
> any settings tweaked in main, etc... would be appreciated.

I guess you can take a look at other Java projects which is a server
and provides start/stop scripts and service wrappers to start
automatic upon restart. For example Apache Karaf, Apache ActiveMQ has
such scripts.

If you want a light-weight container then possible Apache Karaf can be
a good fit. It also offers more powerful management capabilities, so
you can access it over SSH, and it has a shell just like on the unix.

http://karaf.apache.org/manual/2.2.5/users-guide/wrapper.html
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/2.2.5/users-guide/remote-console.html

Also maybe checkout stackoverflow as it tend to be a good place to
find good talks about general stuff with Java etc.

--
Claus Ibsen