camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <>
Subject Re: Looking for example init.d script for starting a camel-based application on system boot
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 08:10:05 GMT

You can start the camel route as a common java programe as the url you
found in the camel web site.
There is no any other specific option you should specify for the common
use case.
I think you can copy the tomcat one by using the org.apache.camel.Main
as the main class.

On Mon Apr  9 11:07:19 2012, Aaron Daubman wrote:
> Greetings,
> I'm wondering if anybody has any example/working/in-use init.d scripts used
> to start up a standalone camel-based app?
> I'm currently using the Main class from camel-spring, but am flexible. I am
> not using any container...
> I have read through Camel In Action Chapter 13 as well as
> would find some larger/production examples, along with the init.d
> script (e.g. do people use nohup for starting java apps in production?) and
> even your apps' 'main' if you can share it, to be very helpful.
> Things like preference for how to demonize, rule-of-thumb/common vm-args,
> any settings tweaked in main, etc... would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
>       Aaron

Blog: (English) (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang