camel-users mailing list archives

From Danny <>
Subject DirectProducer - no consumers available on endpoint
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:22:54 GMT
Try to implement a few routes, one that picks up a file from a directory and
one that sends a request to an external webservice.

I have the following routes defined in java dsl

I'm packaging as osgi and deploying on servicemix, everything seems to
deploy fine.

I drop a file into the in directory, the file itself doesn't matter, I'm
just using it as a trigger ,a message
is put on the queue, then when my processor class attempts to call the
service I get

DirectProducer                   | 91 - org.apache.camel.camel-core - 2.8.4
| No consumers available on endpoint:
Endpoint[direct://createAssetsEndpoint] to process:

Which I think is that my processor class cannot connect to the web service
endpoint that I have running on my local tomcat, the service responds
correctly using soapui.

the process method looks like this:

final List<String> params = new ArrayList<String>();

Map hdrs = exchange.getIn().getHeaders(); "HEADERS " + hdrs );

exchange.getIn().setHeader("numberToDouble", "CreateAssetsService");

Exchange responseExchange = new

org.apache.camel.Message out = responseExchange.getOut();

MessageContentsList result = (MessageContentsList)out.getBody();"MESSSAGE FROM WEB SERVICE: " + result.get(0));

Right now the responseExchange.getOut() gives a null pointer exception.  I'm
fuzzy on exactly what the parameters to setHeader and send are supposed to
be set to.

I'm new to camel, in this role the processor is essentially serving as the
client for the call to my external web service.  Is that a fair statement?
At this point all that I was trying to accomplish was to see the correct
result from the web service appear in the log.  Any help or pointers