camel-users mailing list archives

From mccabejj <mccab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Http Route with WireTap -- Question/Issue
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 01:31:02 GMT
Thanks Claus.  You are correct the messages are stream based, and the
behavior I've noticed seems to fit in precisely with the
http://camel.apache.org/stream-caching.html documentation .

Per your advice I have tried reconfiguring both the Camel Context and the
individual routes to have streamCache="true" (both the main route and the
WireTap).  Unfortunately in both cases the behavior was the same.  A varying
% of the transactions end up not logging due to an empty body.  A certain %
also end up returning an empty or partial HTTP response to the client.  If I
disable "logging" by removing the WireTap everything processes normally.  I
have verified this using SOAPUI assertions.  Lastly it seems that the
failure % goes up the faster the transactions process.  A simple thing like
changing the log level to WARN instead of DEBUG will have an impact.

I feel like I've got this configured correctly, but there must be something
I'm missing.

One thing I may try is moving the processor that prepares the message for
logging to the WireTap instead of in the LogRequest route per the
http://camel.apache.org/wire-tap.html documentation  (either by using
processorRef or onPrepareRef).  I'm not sure if that would make a difference
or not.

Let me know if there are other suggestions or comments.  Thanks all.

JM