camel-users mailing list archives

From Serge Mick <e...@idirect.com>
Subject Scalability: Multiple containers with the same Camel Context
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 03:37:24 GMT
Hi,

In a learning mode here.

- Say, I have a Camel Context in a container, Tomcat in my case.
I want to have two+ instances of the container (Tomcat) to address my
performance/failover issues.

Q: How does Camel scale across multiple containers?

Details:
- Say, I have: FTP => JMS InOut => Print-The-Results Service
- I place the same route into two or more containers, expecting scalability
to trigger on.

Here is where my confusion comes from.
One instance (container with Camel context) may fire up a request to JMS
Provider, while a different instance may receive the response.
The 1st instance would hang up (or get an Exception into its Exchange); the
other instance would get the response with missing all the "enriched"
headers from the 1st instance Exchange.

I am clearly missing some points.
Your help is appreciated.
Thank you.