camel-users mailing list archives

From "jason.parr" <jason.p...@usa.net>
Subject How to use camel to expose a remoted blocking service around asynchronous components?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 15:59:54 GMT

I have a issue to solve which seems like it should be easy todo in camel as
it has all the components that should make it possible but how they can be
strung together is defeating me.

My camel app communicates with some complex external process from which I
want to shield others from. The external process has an asynchronous
request/reply protocol where you place a request on one jms queue
(JMSQ-Request) and receive an associated response on another (JMSQ-Result),
both request and response message can be tied together using a unique id.

I want to provide to clients of my app through spring / camel remoting a
blocking call that returns with a subset of details from the response
received onto the response queue. See attached image.

Now I understand spring/camel remoting to get my client request, I
understand aggregators but I can't tie the two together to get things to
work.

In general how do you implement a blocking remoting call that needs to wait
on some synchronization event and return that result back down the temporary
remoting reply queue?

http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5615647/sync-remoting-around-async-queues.jpg