camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QuickFIXJ Filtering
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:53:14 GMT
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Gershaw, Geoffrey
<geoffrey.gershaw@credit-suisse.com> wrote:
> Thanks for you quick reply Claus.
>
> In my bean, I am retrieving a repeating group and checking that a fix tag on that group
= "blah"

>                SecurityDefinition.NoRelatedSym symbolGroup = new SecurityDefinition.NoRelatedSym();
>                secDef.getGroup(1, symbolGroup);
>
>                StringField instrTypeField = new StringField(9111);
>                symbolGroup.getField(instrTypeField);
>                instrType = instrTypeField.getValue();
>                return instrType.equals("blah ")
>
> Think this is past simple's functionality. Not sure of how the other scripting languages
would simplify this. I would rather not write a bean every time I want to filter a FIX msg.
Any thoughts you have would be appreciated.

Yeah it seems a bit complicated. You could possible have a bean with
static methods that returns the field value

Where you enlist the bean as
<bean id="fixStuff" class="com.foo.MyFixBean"/>

And use a simple predicate, where you can pass in values in the method signature
<simple>${bean:fixStuff?method=fooMethod(${body}, "911")} == "blah"</simple>

And then have a method signature
public String fooMethod(Object body, String code) {
}

> Thanks,
>
> Geoff

Claus Ibsen