camel-users mailing list archives

From Walter De Wit <walte...@gmail.com>
Subject streaming of an sql resultset
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 14:19:06 GMT
Hello,

I want to use the output of a SQL query as input for my processing where
each record of the resultset becomes an exchange.
It is like the file: producer in streaming mode.
The resultset of the query is too big to load in memory in one List<?>
instance.
With frameworks like iBatis it is possible to define RowHandlers so you
only have one record at a time in memory. The standard JDBC ResultSet is
also implemented this way.
Does such a Camel component exist already ? The SQL component does not seem
to have this option.
If not, any useful tips to implement it myself are welcome.

thanks already for the good work.
Walter