camel-users mailing list archives

From Craig Taylor <ctalk...@ctalkobt.net>
Subject Camel idempotent for Polling Consumer...
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:08:22 GMT
Within the file2 component, noop=true specifies that idempotent=true will
be set automatically.   However, based upon a user initiated action I need
to poll a directory endpoint and obtain a list of files present.   The
auto-set of idempotent=true creates problems as I'm not always able to read
the directory.

Camel orders parameters alphabetically during it's uri parameter
normalization I believe.   This creates problems if I specify both
noop=false & idempotent=true (idempotent being set first and overriden by
noop).

My only thought now is to grab the File / Ftp endpoint manually via the
camel context and call the idempotent setter directly rather than by using
a parameter but for consistency, I'd prefer to stay with the string uri's.

Suggestions?

Craig Taylor
ctalkobt@ctalkobt.net