camel-users mailing list archives

From "Gershaw, Geoffrey" <geoffrey.gers...@credit-suisse.com>
Subject RE: QuickFIXJ Filtering
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:15:41 GMT
Thanks for you quick reply Claus.

In my bean, I am retrieving a repeating group and checking that a fix tag on that group =
"blah"

		SecurityDefinition.NoRelatedSym symbolGroup = new SecurityDefinition.NoRelatedSym();
		secDef.getGroup(1, symbolGroup);

		StringField instrTypeField = new StringField(9111);
		symbolGroup.getField(instrTypeField);
		instrType = instrTypeField.getValue();
		return instrType.equals("blah ")

Think this is past simple's functionality. Not sure of how the other scripting languages would
simplify this. I would rather not write a bean every time I want to filter a FIX msg. Any
thoughts you have would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff
-----Original Message-----
From: Claus Ibsen [mailto:claus.ibsen@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 4:35 AM
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Re: QuickFIXJ Filtering

Hi

It depends how complicated it is to get that information from FIX.
What code do you do in your bean?

The simple language have basic OGNL support, so you can invoke
methods. But if you need a bit more, then you can use scripting
languages such as groovy, java script etc.
http://camel.apache.org/languages

And they can be configured in the XML DSL.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Gershaw, Geoffrey
<geoffrey.gershaw@credit-suisse.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I would like to filter out a message if the FIX field 9101=N. I am able
> to do this by creating a bean that does this and calling the bean from
> the simple tag using the bean reference. See example below. I wondered
> if it would be possible to do this without the java class.
>

> <filter>
>
> <simple>${bean:SecurityDefinitionFilter}</simple>
>

> <filter>
>
>      <simple>${body}??????</simple>
>

> Thanks for any help you can offer.
>

> Regards