camel-users mailing list archives

From Francois Eyl <f...@smaeur.eu>
Subject Mina route on servicemix - Error executing command: java.lang.NullPointerException
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 22:42:28 GMT
Hi guys,

I've created a very simple camel route using the mina component. This
route actually uses a custom Codec and is packaged as osgi bundle.
Whenever I deploy it to servicemix (apache-servicemix-4.4.1-fuse-03-06)
the bundle is not getting the Active state but Installed. And of course
when I try to start it I'm getting a "Error executing command:
java.lang.NullPointerException" from the console, but nothing in the logs...

Can somebody help me make this work I can't figure out what's
happening... Is this a packaging issue? I guess it has something to do
with my codec loading, but I'm stuck here now.

Here is my XML route:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans>
<bean id="myCodec" class="test.net.mina.codec.MyMinaCodec" />
<route>
<from uri="mina:tcp://localhost:9000?sync=true&amp;codec=#myCodec" />
<to uri="log:IncomingMsg" />
</route>
</camelContext>
</beans>

Here is my codecfactory (removed imports):

package test.net.mina.codec;
public class MyMinaCodec implements
         ProtocolCodecFactory {

     public ProtocolDecoder getDecoder(IoSession session) throws Exception {
         return new MyMinaDecoder();
     }

     public ProtocolEncoder getEncoder(IoSession session) throws Exception {
         return new ProtocolEncoder() {

             public void encode(IoSession arg0, Object arg1,
ProtocolEncoderOutput arg2) throws Exception {

             }

             public void dispose(IoSession arg0) throws Exception {

             }
         };
     }
}

And here is my decoder implementation (removed imports) :
package test.net.mina.codec;
public class MyMinaDecoder extends CumulativeProtocolDecoder {

     public static final int MSG_HEADER_SIZE = 14;

     @Override
     protected boolean doDecode(IoSession session, IoBuffer in,
ProtocolDecoderOutput out) throws Exception {
         // try to read the message header
         if (in.remaining() >= MSG_HEADER_SIZE) {
             out.write(readsUnsignedBytesToString(in, MSG_HEADER_SIZE));
             return true;
         } else {
             // not enough data
             return false;
         }
     }

     private String readsUnsignedBytesToString(IoBuffer in, int length) {
         char[] unsignedChars = new char[length];
         for (int i = 0; i < length; i++) {
             unsignedChars[i] = (char) in.getUnsigned();
         }
         return new String(unsignedChars);
     }
}

And here is my pom.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<parent>
<groupId>org.apache.servicemix.features</groupId>
<artifactId>features</artifactId>
<version>4.4.1-fuse-03-06</version>
</parent>

<groupId>test</groupId>
<artifactId>mina-test</artifactId>
<packaging>bundle</packaging>
<name>My MINA Test</name>
<version>0.1.6</version>

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-core</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-spring</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-mina</artifactId>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
<configuration>
<instructions>
<Bundle-SymbolicName>${project.artifactId}</Bundle-SymbolicName>
<Bundle-Description>${project.description}</Bundle-Description>
<Import-Package>*</Import-Package>
<Require-Bundle>org.apache.servicemix.bundles.mina</Require-Bundle>
<Export-Package>test.net.*</Export-Package>
<DynamicImport-Package></DynamicImport-Package>
</instructions>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>