camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel and Spring 3.1
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 01:05:33 GMT
We may add a profile in the camel-test-spring module and consider this
feature is only support in Spring 3.1.
We can let the profile pick up the dependency of spring-test and the
CamelSpringTestContextLoader at that time.
If the people want to have a try with the spring test ,  he need to
rebuild the camel-test-spring with profile Spring 3.1.

Or we just postpone this feature to Camel 3.0.

Any thought?

On Wed Mar 14 06:18:13 2012, Christian Müller wrote:
> David,
>
> could you please have a loot at this whether you see a way to support both
> versions (Spring 3.0 and 3.0). At present we only discovered an issue with
> the CamelSpringTestContextLoader which is a new class added in Camel
> 2.10.0. If it's not possible, I'm +1 to postpone the changes we did for [1]
> to Camel 2.11.0/3.0.0.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4987
>
> My 0.02$,
> Christian
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 6:59 AM, Claus Ibsen<claus.ibsen@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 2:57 AM, Willem Jiang<willem.jiang@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Yes, there is no easy way to support both version of Spring at the same
>> time
>>> just by using the maven profile.
>>> Even we use the maven profile, we could put the
>> CamelSpringTestContextLoader
>>> for spring 3.1 to other directory to let compiler to pick up. We can only
>>> support one version of spring in the deploy time.
>>>

>> If its the CamelSpringTestContextLoader then its a new class
>> introduced by David with his work on camel-test-spring.
>> It has not been released as part of any previous Camel releases.
>>
>> So we can change it anyway we like, or *remove* it etc.
>> IMHO its better to support both Spring 3.0 and 3.1 out of the box with
>> no tricks.
>>

>>> As we barely use the @CamelSpringJUnit4ClassRunner. Maybe we could
>> consider
>>> to build the kit with Spring 3.1 and run the unit test with spring 3.0.x
>>>

>> There are people who build from source, and they may build with Spring
>> 3.0.x.
>> So its not always so easy.
>>
>> I suggest Camel 2.10 to support both Spring 3.0 and 3.1 (the latter if
>> possible). We will have a lot of end users
>> who are using either version of Spring.
>>

>>> Just my 2 cents.

>> constraint.

>> __com/Camel-and-Spring-3-1-__tp5550625p5553179.html

>> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Camel-and-Spring-3-1-tp5550625p5553179.html

>>> --
>>> Willem
>>> ----------------------------------