camel-users mailing list archives

From Adrianos Dadis <>
Subject Re: EJB and RSS Component in JBoss 7
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:28:05 GMT
Hi Claus,

> Have you configured the EjbComponent to specify the JndiContext
> it need to lookup the EJBs?

Yes in both scenarios.
In case of 1st scenario (SimpleRoute1), the EJB invocation succeed even if I
do not set the JNDI context via EjbComponent.setContext(...), because the
EJBs is "visible" in the "default" JNDI context, as there is another EJB
invocation before SimpleRoute1 is fired.
In case of 2nd scenario (PollRoute2), where no EJB invocation involved
before PollRoute2 is fired, the "default" JNDI context is different (and
does not include any EJB) !!!

> And in the old EJB days you needed to have container specific
> deployment configuration files.
I have used EJB Component in old Camel, so I am not very familiar with such
a case. Can you give me an example of JBoss (eg. 4.2.x) ? (if you have)

I am afraid that this is a JBoss 7 problem. I will try the "container
specific deployment configuration file" solution, and afterwards I will
communicate with JBoss guys to check what is going on here. I am pretty sure
that JBoss Modules magic has a few problems here (bugs are everywhere, even
in my room :) ).

Claus thanks a lot for your time.

Adrianos Dadis.
Democracy requires Free Software