camel-users mailing list archives

From Castyn <>
Subject CXF and Overriding SOAP Faults
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:39:42 GMT

I was wondering if it was possible to overwrite a SOAP fault generated by a
CXF consumer.  Currently I have a route setup that starts from a CXF
consumer and then sends to a CXF producer.  I have schema validation turned
on in the consumer, so it seems that when an invalid message comes through,
the consumer generates a SOAP fault and passes it back without an ability to
hold it on the exchange.

Is there a way to allow the exchange to get a hold of the SOAP fault before
it is sent back?

The route is simply:

<route id="route1">
	<from uri="cxf:bean:theCXFConsumer" />
	<log message="Incoming CXF message, routing to producer" />
	<to uri="cxf:bean:theCXFProducer"/>

Since with schema validation turned on the route never gets to the log
message part I can't simply inject a processor where I could manually
control the contents of the SOAP fault, thus I am unsure if it is possible
to do this.  Anyone have an idea of how this could be done?

CXF consumer defined as:

	            <entry key="schema-validation-enabled" value="true" />