camel-users mailing list archives

From dacc <d...@exaptic.com>
Subject Better Way to Achieve Parallel Processing of SQS Messages?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:06:14 GMT
I'm trying to consume multiple exchanges from an SQS endpoint with autoack
disabled, but SqsConsumer blocks on completion of the first one that
arrives.  I could have each of my workers poll SQS separately, but this will
increase the number of requests by a factor of the number of workers, which
doesn't seem right.

This patch to SqsConsumer in 2.8.4 seems to accomplish what I want, but I
don't know if it's safe or the best way to go about things:

https://gist.github.com/2126164

I'm working with a limited understanding of Camel's internals, so hopefully
someone can shed some light. =)

Thanks,

- Dan