camel-users mailing list archives

From ShlomiJ <shlomij...@gmail.com>
Subject WireTap threads number keeps on growing
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:57:57 GMT
hi,

I'm having problems using the Wire Tap endpoint. *Every time a message
passes in the route, a new thread of wire tap is created, stays in "wait"
state and never dies*. Eventually my application is full of threads.

I'm creating the following ExecutorService in the registry:

ThreadPoolBuilder tpBuilder = new ThreadPoolBuilder(this.context);
> ExecutorService wiretapThreadpool =
> tpBuilder.poolSize(1).maxPoolSize(1).maxQueueSize(1).build("WireTap");
> registry.put(WIRETAP_THREADPOOL, wiretapThreadpool);
My route is simple, triggered by quartz, adds properties to the message,
wire-taps and logs:

from("quartz://myScheduler?cron=0+*+*+*+*+?")
> .process(new MyMessageSetterProcessor())
> .wireTap("seda:wireTapQueue").onPrepare(new
> MyCloneProcessor()).executorServiceRef(WIRETAP_THREADPOOL)
> .log("${body}")

Am I using the WireTap wrong?
Am I not creating the thread pool correctly?

thanks
ShlomiJ