camel-users mailing list archives

From "sanketh.reddy" <>
Subject Questions regarding usage of camel along with OSGI Declarative services ?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 06:08:23 GMT

   i have a single monolithic project which has its components segregated by
packages . i used a lot of spring xml's to define :

1. camel route's between these packages to send serialized java objects
2. create singleton instances with injected properties which took care of
application lifecycle,
3. trigger some cron jobs on beans...etc .

I deployed this project as a single osgi bundle in servicemix with no config
admin,service dependency management..etc because it was a single bundle
.Now, we have a new requirement where some of our packages need to be
updated dynamically without bringing down the system .We have decided to
embrace the osgi standard and divide our project into independent component
bundles communicating via services .
                              I have chosen osgi declarative services(felix
SCR) as my service dependency manager as it very light compared to
spring-DM(blueprint)  and provides most of the features i need . Moving to
OSGI DS means writing your service implementation classes as components .
Now , i want to keep my camel routes in spring xml and use some of the
components as beans in my camel routes (static instances) . Will this cause
any abnormal behaviour , how does camel context work along with the
bundlecontext provided by OSGI . Are there any best practices to keep in
mind when using camel with OSGI DS ?

mail :