camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OnException - Stopping context
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:39:13 GMT
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Narita Bagchi
<Narita.Bagchi@headstrong.com> wrote:
> I understand that is the ideal way of stopping the CamelContext in normal scenario. Should
I be opting the same approach along with, OnException clause?

> http://camel.apache.org/exception-clause.html link somewhere says -
> " If handled is true, then the thrown exception will be handled and Camel will not continue
routing in the original route, but break out."
> What is meant by this, then?

Its stopping the *current* message from being continued to be routed.
CamelContext will still be running.

> I am basically trying to stop the CamelContext on the event of an Exception.

This is different. Stopping CamelContext essentially mean stop Camel itself.