camel-users mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Verification (crypto:verify) does not remove CamelDigitalSignature header
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 03:50:41 GMT
Actually the crypto endpoints do have a clearHeaders option that was not
documents, but it didn't quite work either, both because the default
value was 'false' and a bug in the code.

I raised CAMEL-4996 [1] for that, fixed it and added a unit test. You
will be able to use it after the next release there is no workaround
available.

Cheers,
Hadrian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4996

On 02/08/2012 01:41 PM, dms79@gmx.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Camel 2.9.0 (Spring 3.0.6) with Java 1.6 on Tomcat 7. The following route successfully
signs and verifies a message:

> <route>
> <from uri="direct:signMe"/>
> <to uri="crypto:sign://keystore?keystore=#signMe&amp;alias=signMe&amp;password=signMe"
/>
> <log message="HEADER (SIGNATURE): ${headers}" />
> <to uri="crypto:verify://keystore?keystore=#signMe&amp;alias=signMe" />
> <log message="HEADER (VERIFICATION): ${headers}" />
> <to uri="mock:result"/>
> </route>
>
> However, the CamelDigitalSignature header is not removed after successful verification.
Header after signature and after verification are completely identical. From looking at the
clearMessageHeaders method in VerifyingProcessor, this header should be removed since this
field is listed in DigitalSignatureProcessor, shouldn't it?

--
Hadrian Zbarcea
Principal Software Architect