camel-users mailing list archives

From "Calvert, Zach (Zach)** CTR **" <zcalv...@motive.com>
Subject Wiring a New Component Using Spring
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 17:46:43 GMT
I'm taking on a task of converting bean that we use along a camel route into an actual camel
component.  I have everything working and wired up (simple processor component) but have one
problem.  We use Spring to create a bean that we use to interface with various external systems
and I want to inject that into my camel endpoint.

I have tagged the setter and the private local class instance of the bean with
@Autowired
@Required
(both spring annotations)

Now, it looks to me like the camel component definitions exists outside of Spring, and that's
why I'm not getting this dependency injected.  This dependency is still accessible in the
old way that I was using it, as a
bean:myBean?someMethod=try
along the camel route.

Is there a way that I can tell camel to inject the "myBean" instance into the endpoint that
I've created using the component definition?

Thank you,
Zach Calvert