camel-users mailing list archives

From ShlomiJ <>
Subject Concurrent problem with message Body using WireTap
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:26:12 GMT
We have an object passing on the exchange.
We take it aside using wireTap, in order to add persist logic on it,
logging, and more. (that's why we don't use 'log' processor). We do it with
an in-memory queue (seda), with a bean in its other end.

*Problem*: As the object is passed by its pointer, it is the same object on
the original exchange and on the wireTapped exchange. This causes a
situation in which until the exchange is processed by the bean at the other
side of the wireTap, a property on our object is changed, and we persist a
different state of the object than we expected.

Is there a way to do a deep copy while wireTapping, so that our object is
copied and its state is snapshot?
Is there a better way of achieving what is described above?