camel-users mailing list archives

From Ashwin Karpe <>
Subject Re: Threads in SMPP ,,,
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:06:56 GMT

I am not sure if this is a homegrown component you have written. I will try
to speak to the behavior of Camel as it generally applies to components and
routes in general.

The Camel context allocates a thread pool from which components, endpoints,
routes and other lifecycle managed entities borrow threads. Unless you
explicitly create a singleton endpoint with a singleton producer or
consumer, the entities should run in multithreaded mode...

Hope this helps.

Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)