camel-users mailing list archives

From cbuxbaum <>
Subject how can I do this?
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 16:28:20 GMT

I have a route that takes a file from one location and processes it to
another.  On Exception, I would like to have the file deposited in a
deadletter location (note, a location, not a queue).  So I have that feature
working, but additionally, I would like to retrieve the exception from the
exchange, and create a log file next to the file in the dead letter
location, something like,

There does not seem to be any way to intercept the dead letter processing
just before or after moving to the dead letter queue in order to create the
log file.  I can think of other ways of doing this, but I like the retry
feature of the deadletter channel, and just want to add some processing to
the end.